Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dolls House

This is a doll's house I made from Finger jointed rubber wood. It was for the department of Geriatric Medicine to demonstrate an unsafe vs safe house for the elderly.

Material : Finger jointed rubber wood.
Size : 3 feet x 2 feet
Finish : Asian Paints polyurethane glossy
Furniture : Some of it is stained with Asian paints walnut stain, and some is reclaimed rosewood.
Total Build time : about 30 hours

Wooden dolls house


Wooden dolls house


We did some interesting photos which can be seen on Anand's facebook page or at the woodworking club page 

A sketchup model of the same is below
sketchup model of the doll's house
Overall it was a very enjoyable though long project. 




6 comments:

  1. Looks great! The furniture must have taken a lot of time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vinay, just found your blog with interesting articles and projects. I'm from Bangalore and also a woodworker. I come to CMC a couple of times year on personal matters. My email is mathew54@gmail.com . My preference is making pieces of furniture without any fasteners i.e. screws,nails etc. Sorry I removed the earlier post, spelling mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vinay, I've been following your blog and I'm quite fascinated on your works! Dolls house is an awesome build!
    I worked mostly on ply, wanted to start with wood. Could you please suggest some place in Bangalore where I can source wood for a workbench, which is my next project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am not sure about places to buy wood in Bangalore. You could post on diyable.net. There are many woodworkers from Bangalore there who could help you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, superb blog, got ample information on wood working. Need to know if I can get shellac from anywhere in Tamilnadu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying. I am not sure of where to get shellac in TN. However you could try contacting Indranil at the DIY.in forum. He has used Shellac a lot. He also has a blog at http://indiandiy.blogspot.in/

      Delete